1 restaurant closed twice, 4 fail in Arlington inspections
August 5, 2023
One restaurant was closed twice, and four others failed in the latest Arlington inspections, according to city data.
There were 126 restaurant inspections in Arlington from July 16 to July 29.
Arlington inspections are based on a 100-point system. A score of 100 is a perfect score, and 70 is considered to be extremely poor. Re-inspections will be conducted for restaurants that score 75 or less.
Famous Cajun Grill at 3811 South Cooper Street received a score of 69 in its first inspection and was closed twice on July 25 and July 26. The restaurant was reopened July 27, but had failed before in May, receiving a worse score in its June follow-up inspection.
Biriyani House at 520 West Park Row Drive was also reopened after being closed.
Four restaurants failed their inspections:
▪ BFF Asian Grill & Sports Bar at 2150 East Lamar Boulevard, 52
▪ Zack’s Bistro at 900 East Copeland Road, 67
▪ Panaderia Del Angel at 2105 Sherry St., 69
▪ Pancho Tacos Inc at 629 West Pioneer Parkway, 70
Five other restaurants received scores of 75 or less:
▪ Bakery Donut 1 at 3640 Matlock Road, 60
▪ A-1 Plus Barbecue Inc at 2214 South Collins St., 62
▪ Catfish Sam’s Barge at 2735 West Division St., 71
▪ Hai Au Restaurant (Quan) at 2202 New York Ave., 73
▪ Amira’s Mediterranean Cuisine at 2424 West Division St., 75
A total of 27 restaurants had follow-up inspections including:
▪ Sushi & Ramen Japanese Restaurant at 803 W Park Row Drive, 76
▪ S&S Cheesesteaks at 913 West Pioneer Parkway, 77
▪ Spicy Bites Indian Fast Food at 1220 South Cooper St., 79
▪ Halo Hawaiian BBQ at 2613 West Park Row Drive, 81
▪ Pho 999 at 1818 East Pioneer Parkway, 83
▪ Sam’s Southern Eatery at 2653 West Park Row Drive, 87
▪ The Buffalo Spot at 1717 North Collins St., 88
▪ The Flying Fish at 300 East Abram St., 91
▪ Tacos El 24 at 3311 E Division St., 94
▪ La Original at 1011 East Pioneer Parkway
▪ Circle K at 2395 North Collins St.,
▪ Latina Restaurant & Drive-Thru at 3333 E Division St.
▪ Marianos Restaurant at 2614 Majesty Drive
▪ Ella B’s Restaurant at 1004 North Collins St.
▪ Taqueria Taco Express at 5700 South Collins St.
▪ Rice Bowl/Tactical Kitchen at 2800 Forestwood Drive, 77
▪ Gilbertos Taco Shop at 611 West Park Row Drive, 79
▪ Comfort Suites at 411 West Road To Six Flags St., 85
▪ Social House Arlington at 1705 North Collins St., 86
▪ Yafa Mediterranean Grill at 4004 Little Road, 90
Here are the inspection scores and violations for restaurants within the city limits of Arlington for July 16th – July 29th, 2023. A score of 100 is a perfect score and 70 is considered to be extremely poor. Reinspections will be conducted for restaurants that score 75 or less. If serious health and sanitation violations are considered an imminent health hazard, the restaurant will be closed until the identified health hazard has been mitigated. To search the restaurant inspections, type in a restaurant name. You can also sort by score.
Steve Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Related stories from Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Nicole Lopez is a breaking news reporter at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. She graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso, where she studied multimedia journalism. She also does freelance writing.